Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Here are 5 Nutrition tips that I have either been told or have thought of myself...which means other people have thought of them too...but nevertheless these are tips that I use for myself and I wouldn't tell you them.

5. Drink plenty of water. I try to drink about a gallon of water a day. yes that is a lot but your body needs to stay hydrated and the fullness feeling of water helps you say no to candy bars and junk food.
4. Read the nutrition labels and pay attention to the Serving size portions! A serving size for me is usually larger than what the label says so I have to pay attention to how much more I am eating compared to the serving size.
3. Color is a good thing. Having meals with many bright colors means youre probably eating healthy...now that doesn't mean different colored potato chips or junk food is good. I am talking about having salads and putting fresh fruits or other veggies in it.
2. Stay away from processed food the best you can. I realize we live in America where everything seems like it is processed, but you can do it! Eating chicken breast from the fresh meat section instead of frozen prepackaged chicken patties. Making meals yourself is a large part of this. Think "keep it simple"
1. A cheat meal every 2  weeks or so isn't a bad thing, in fact it can be good. Your body adjusts to your diet after a couple weeks of it and a "bad" meal tells your body it needs to work hard to digest and burn it naturally through your metabolism.

But remember this...nothing can out train a unhealthy diet. It doesn't matter how much you workout or run or whatever...if your diet is unhealthy so will your results. I saw the best results in myself when my diet was on track with my workouts. Your diet is the most important aspect of getting your body is shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment