Saturday, March 7, 2015

Paleo diet first week

So its been almost a week since I started the Paleo diet and I am actually enjoying it! But I tell you what it is hard to start out of the blue. especially when you go to cracker barrel and outback for dinner for meals....but I stayed strong and ate salads!! today when I got meal money I found a supermarket while I was walking, God provided in just a cool way, but yeah I went to food lion, just like acme or giant eagle, and bought dried pineapples and cranberries, fresh strawberries, carrots, a naked juice type drink by bolthouse farms, and some Oscar mayer deli fresh chicken all for 20 dollars and I will eat it for 2 meals! even though it doesn't sound like a lot I ate a little less than half or just about half and will be eating the rest shortly. But I am even a little full from it...and trust me I eat a lot...but seriously! you don't need bread and potatoes and processed food to fill you up. natural sugars and natural carbs are better! ive learned that fruits like pineapples, strawberries etc. can have up to 8x the amount of carbs as whole grains and starches. I ate a lot of rice and chicken early in the semester and really liked my results so I think the only change I will make after this is allow for small amounts of brown rice and oatmeal but we will see(: fitness type of the week. you don't need to spend 2 hours at a gym to have a good workout. have your 5-6 lifts but do them quickly and at a good pace. Keeping your cardio going while maintaining a fast pace will increase performance, efficiently, and muscle growth and development and you can do it in 45 minutes to an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment