Friday, April 3, 2015

blogging prompts for teacher candidates; personal(professional) habits for technology use

What will your life look  with technology outside of the classroom, will you maintain a digital footprint or leave it? I choose this prompt because it is actually something that I will asking myself at the end of this semester.I find myself not changing much as a digital landscape even with a busy schedule. I will maintain this blog for some time after this class ends. As a daily/weekly schedule, I would say that technology/social media is a big part of my week unconsciously. I dont realize how much time I spend on social media unless something told me exactly, so I would say that i spend a fair amount of time on technology/social media. Honestly,  I dont follow any blogs, i just dont have the time for it...I use technology in my everyday learning through researching random subjects on the internet, music, projects. Twitter and facebook has become my news feed for what is going on in the world. I am very careful about what I say and post on social media because i know that one day people will look it up to check me out. Being smart and using common sense and not emotion is the safest way to make sure what youre posting is safe. I will make sure that I keep up with the technology trend in education by talking with others and just being more away of the growth and adaption of technology daily, because technology is new everyday.I have used google dox for a few projects while i have been in college and find them very ,very useful as a tool for group efforts! Yes, i believe that education needs to be face to face, and the addition of technology can bring flare and new learning opportunities, but too much technology definitely draws away from learning because it either becomes a distraction or it just simply isnt teaching anything.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone realizes how much we use technology daily. As you mentioned I wouldn't know unless someone told me, but I can say I check facebook probably at least once an hour. The sad part is this is normal for a lot of kids in society today. Its important to keep technology in mind when we begin teaching in classrooms because it is such an important part of students lives, and offers so much valuable information to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, i agree, technology never stops adapting. today's new toy, is old news by tomorrow. I think technology is very important in the classroom, by all means, I focus more on the idea of full online courses or just having sober judgment in what ways technology is used ya know? there are definitely two sides to this and i am moderate in most aspects of life. we use technology more than we think about it because right now im typing on a labtop, with someone who I have no clue is over an internet blog site.

    ReplyDelete