Friday, April 10, 2015

thoughts more on blended learning.

This post will be more about on how I will use blended learning for when I become a teacher. Being a History teacher I can see both positive and negatives to having blended learning in my classroom. Days in which I plan on showing movies or days in which I am not physically able to be there, mainly due to sickness, in having the blended learning, my students and I wouldnt feel as if we missed a day of class due to my lack of appearance. They would be able to access notes, videos,lectures online and wouldnt have to do tedious busy work for the day. On the other hand, it could be negative because lessons,notes, lectures etc. could create a class where some students are farther ahead or behind because of the lack of face to face instruction. Yes, we can say well if they want to learn they will participate or they will suffer, but I feel as if over time, students, will begin to tune out of online obligations and I just feel that personal this could create problems in teaching students. I just dont want my students to spew out facts and never remember a thing, I want my students to understand significance of major historical events. Doesnt mean that they will know every detail of the Civil War, but know why the Civil War was immensely crucial to the country 150 years ago and today.
So i can see blended classes working and being effective, but I still feel, for me personally, that face to face needs to be at least 75% or higher of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment